Theme: The impact of Noise on Hearing Health
Who can apply?
- The competition is open only to students living in Jamaica.
- The contest is open to all primary, all-age and secondary school students who attend schools registered with the Ministry of Education.
- Family members of JAD Hearing Services are not eligible to enter.
- Maximum of three (3) entries per school. Parents must give written permission for their child to enter. Additionally, each entry must be verified & authorized by the Principal, Vice Principal or a Senior Teacher.
- No group work is allowed, each entry must be original work of one student.
- All posters should address the theme outlined. Entries may consist of illustrations, painting, and mixed media, and should be 22”× 28” in size.
- All entrants should convey their understanding of the competition’s theme in 200-250 words which should be submitted with their poster. The written piece should be typed in font: Times New Roman, 12 points or clearly written by hand. Documents that cannot be read will not be considered.
- JAD has the right to use the winning pieces without financial remuneration - but will recognize the artist by name and school.
- Winning submissions cannot be used by artist after the competition unless it is being included in an art portfolio.
- All posters should have securely attached to the back:
Name of piece
Name of student
Grade of student
Name of school and school’s address
School Phone Number
Contact person at school (principal or teacher).
Failure to adhere to any of these rules will result in immediate disqualification.
The winning pieces will be selected by a panel including representatives of Jamaica Association for the Deaf, Ministry of Education & Edna Manley School of the Performing Arts. The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable. The announcement of the winner will be made in the media on April 30th. Notification will also be sent to schools of winners.
Clarity of Message 15
Research Integration 10
(How well the poster reflects the research outlined in the paper submitted)
Integration of Theme 10
(How well the poster reflects the theme: The impact of Noise on Hearing Health)
Artistic Skill 5
Total 50 points
Individual Prizes- Secondary Level
First Prize: Winner’s artwork will be mounted on a billboard in a prominent area
Second Prize: Trophy
$10,000 gift voucher
Third Prize: Trophy
$5,000 gift voucher
Individual Prizes- Primary Level
First Prize: Artwork will be mounted on a billboard in a prominent area
Second Prize: Trophy
Third Prize: Book set from JAD Binders.
The school with the best three (3) submissions will be awarded a cash prize of $30,000 towards developing their school art program. Other sectional Prizes will also be awarded.
The winning pieces will be profiled on JAD Social Media Page.
Entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. on April 29, 2014 to:
JAD Hearing Services
9 Maresceaux Road